Saturday, May 18, 2013
My Interest
Coming into any English class is a task. Most people, when thinking of English think its a ton of writing papers, brainstorming, stating facts etc. I'm not the best at writing papers, so if I'm given a specific topic on what the paper should be on, then my writing is better. It's easier for me to know exactly what I have to write about. Taking this class I knew that it would include a lot of writing, writing that I'm probably not fully equipped for. At the same time it holds my interest because I know my ability in trying to learn new things. I want to be able to gain that open mind, to things I may not know. Professor Cassidy stated facts that we'll be smarter after her class. It gave me a lot of confidence in my writing before I even start my writing. Including the writing assignment on our observation. We have to know so much and observe things that you really wouldn't pay attention too. I'm doing my paper on The Student Center. I chose the Student Center because I personally enjoy going, eating, socializing, but trying to study I really can't do much of that. I've met new people, even though this is my first semester at Eastern. I observed the different restaurants and the students that may sit in front, on the side, or even grab and go. In my opinion, the Student Center is ONLY a place where you eat and socialize with others. I'm not the only student that go and I see lots of students reading, studying, and doing work. I noticed this lady that was sitting off by herself and it appeared to me that she was studying or some type from her facial expressions. I introduced myself and she told me her name. Her name was Kristo and she's been attending Eastern since 2010. I asked her how could she study or read in the Student Center when there's SO much going on? She replied, "I enjoy the Student Center, the noise doesn't bother me because I come from a huge family and trying to study in a house with 5 boys was impossible. So me studying here doesn't bother me at all." I said, WOW! I'd get easily distracted trying to study here. It was interesting to know that other people felt totally different from how I felt. I didn't have to brainstorm much on getting ideas from others. By the end of my observation, I was able to see how reading and studying could be possible, I guess. The blogging is also new to me, I've never done blogging before. Signing up and everything else was easy, its just the actual blogging part. I try to be creative with things and my words, but sometimes it doesn't all come out at once. I have a Creative Writing class, this semester and the class opened up my mind already to new things. I didn't have many aspects from coming into this class because I really didn't know how the Professor would of been, how her teaching was, and if I would of like the class overall. I do feel I'll learn what I need to learn and more, and that's my only concern. I named this post as "My Interest" because both classes have my interest in the work, and learning what need to be learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment